Some events, part 1... Hussar, Poland



vroooom..





Well, it has been a few busy weeks until now, after the Euromilitaire show in UK I instantly started to prepare for the next upcoming show, Hussar! www.hussar.eu This is very much thanks to my friend Adam aka LOLER who pretty much talked me into it. So, as I always loved the little grot tanks from Forgeworld I thought it would be a perfect job to fit the timeframe. So, as they only sell pack of four, pretty expensive, I required one tank thanks to another Adam- Parkhouse, who’s bits box is starting to become pretty famous ;)

So I got the tanks done, but it wasn’t the pleasant experience I was hoping for. I got an inflammation in both my forearms two weeks before the competition which I strongly suspect was the result of bad ergonomic at work and hobby. I wasn’t able to close my hands when it was the worst. But, at least I managed to paint the tank in time. And luckily, it paid off at the end (hope to get some professional photos of the tank soon) 

So I was heading for Poland and the Hussar show. As the air connections Sweden – Poland is pretty much fu*ked up, best way of travel was strangely enough to Wroclaw instead of Warsaw, at least from Gothenburg. This made this trip pretty massive. Thankfully I had good company by Loler and his brushbrother (http://thebrushbrothers.blogspot.se/ ) friend Piotrek 'Dexter' really great guys, great hospitality. I should have taken more pictures though. Why didn’t I ?? D’oh!

Well at the event, I was really blown away by the quality of basically every entry. This show held a standard well matching this year’s German GD. Polish guys are craaazy when it comes to painting freehand! For more reading about the event I recommend Klaus Dorn’s report at Raumschmiede, http://t-raumschmiede.blogspot.de/ . it also contains links to images etc.

It was awesome to meet the Polish folks, The Russians, Klaus and mr Painting Buddah of http://masterminis.blogspot.se/ of course, and everyone else i forgot. To summon the award ceremony in one word, Klaus describes it the best. “WooOOOOoooOOooottTTttTT????” I was received a gold in large miniature with my Rhinotaurus mini, honorable with the horrors and a bronze with the grot tank… and a bloody hussar sword for best in show!
yaaaaay!

Needless to say, its my finest recognition and best moment as a miniature painter so far. Not sure how to top this! Still schocked and surprised though, but happy happy happy! :)

The evening was ended with a nice afterparty and after-afterparty at Bohun’s place, unfortunately I had to split pretty early because of the non-ultimate travel plans. Try to figure out better ones next year for sure. Have to say though that the whole polish experience was a little bit shaded with a kind of terrible trip back to Sweden. A late cancelled flight and a new one taking forever, I can only thank Loler again for the hospitality. But all in all, a great time in Poland thanks again to all people at Hussar. I totally recommed this event and I will definitely try to go next year.

Now, some time to relax before I hit the next projects. Guess ill be heading for crystal brush in usa next spring, so have to make some plans...  hmm...

Follow my WIP at facebook, https://www.facebook.com/SkelettetS

5 comments:

  1. My congratulations again! You've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stef, you simply the best! Big congratz fella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Mister! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stef is rocking and rolling up and down the painting competitions :D Well deserve dman :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your minis they were realy great! Congratulation!

    ReplyDelete