Painted Miniature-Review No. I: Necron Lord

Welcome to the 5th Dimension!

There are a lot of amazingly painted, converted or sculpted miniatures out there. Sometimes we just don`t see them. Maybe it`s because they are not published at CMON or not showen in any of the big forums. Maybe you are just looking for other criterias while taking a look through different galleries. That`s why I am going to pick one of those each week to present those to you.

This article is the first out of a (hopefully) weekly line about painted miniatures. I`ll pick a painted miniature each week out of the web which is interesting in any point for me and will write a little review with my point of view about it added with some informations about the artist.

You are always invited to send me pictures and a description of a miniature you would like to see here. Send this by eMail to arne.wilkens@gmail.com



    Painted Miniature Review No. I 
- GW Warhammer 40k: Necron Lord -

The first in line is one of the new Warhammer 40k Necron Lords, painted by dargo000:




    About the Artist 

Dargo000 aka Slawomir is a talented painter from poland. On his website http://www.minimonsters.eu/ you`ll find a gallery, a small shop for accessories for your bases and his painting-service. Feel free to take a closer look, there are several nice works inside his own dimension!


    Why do I`ve picked THIS miniature? 


It`s not the paintjob itself which makes me thinking about this miniature. As I`ve seen this Necron at cmon my eyes were caught by the big energyball. For me something new I`ve never seen before. Just the right thing for the first review, isn`t it?



    Concept & Thoughts 

At first there`s the big (5th) dimension-ball which catches your eyes for a while. It`s modular, so the Lord itself could be unmounted for gaming purposes.

This sphere is made of a simple ping pong ball, filled with stuff and prepared to be ready for the gaming base on top of it. The yellowish / green lightning on it representing the power inside.

The used color scheme of classic metal, rare gold parts and green is nice and must be a good choice for a gaming army. I can really imagine how a bunch of Necronwarriors are looking in this scheme. Sadly there`s no real focus. My eyes are wandering up and down, from left to right without finding a place to calm down.
The miniature itself is painted in an average / higher tabletop-quality supposed to be sold at the big bay.





    Conclusion 


I hope that I am able to show you some inetresting works which will inspire you for any further project. Please let me know what you are thinking about this kind of review - I am thankful for every hint I could get to improve this line (or to bury it ;)

Watch out for the big "Motivate yourself"-article and first colored pictures of my King Maulg conversion.

And now let us flow in the 5th Dimension and discover new lands!

Cheers
Arne

3 comments:

  1. From me thumbs up Arne for this brilliant idea! And indeed a really cool Miniature. Watch out and good hunting for your 'Painted Miniature Review No.2'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Phil - thank you for your comment. I am glad that someone likes it. Number 2 is in progress right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SomeONE (!?) Make that Two! I am an avid necron collector and that looks bloody amazing! I think I may even un-ceremoniously steal that concept for a few of my lords.

    ReplyDelete